Friends, let’s talk about retargeting on Facebook using Offline-events in Events Manager.
Let’s describe it briefly and clearly what an “Offline-еvents” is: a customer came to your physical store and made a purchase. You somehow got his data (such as a phone number, email, or even a name on the social network). We took this data, uploaded it to Ads Manager then we “catch up” to the client with related products, promotions, discounts and other “carrot” directly on social networks.
Sounds improbable, right?
And now, details.
So what kind of data we need from the customer and what you should record so that ads will be effective and will be targeted to the people we need.
How wouldn’t you hide hide or disable your location permit, Zuckerberg anyway knows where you go and where, at least approximately, you are. That’s why when a customer comes to go shopping at your store, it is very important to record the exact date and time (day, hour, minute).
Next step is to get from a client his number or email. Great if both. We believe, you will be able to come up with a cause. It’s not hard to think of a reason.
Maybe the most difficult step is to get the client’s first and last name in Facebook. If you know adequate reason how to ask such data from the buyer, share in comments – it will be useful and interesting to know.
Let’s move on to the technical points: forming a spreadsheet for uploading to an Audience.
- Facebook isn`t easy and rules not for the faint of heart. However, we will help you 🙂
For example, we will take following data: phone number, email and purchase date.
1. Writing the phone number, there must be a country code. Even, if you have 100500 contacts from the USA, you have to record before every number “1” without “+”. You can write and with “+” but you’ll have to split the numbers in a certain place.
For example: “+1 212 122 44 57”. We propose you an easier option “12121224457”.
2. With the email record everything is easy: email@example.com. Without spaces.
3. Purchase date.The place where it gets complicated. We have tried every option that Facebook proposes to us. And each time was an error, data wasn’t recognized, and without it we can’t create an audience that is based on an Offline-event. That option is good enough for us “2019-12-24T19:21:48”. Copy and edit according to your date.
4. Client`s value. Sounds rude, doesn’t it? Value – is the amount of purchase that the client has bought from you.
In which format to download? There are only two options – CSV or TXT.
- write data without spaces
- without additional sings
- in one line, only one number/email/name…
Using ads settings with Оffline-events help, you have a fantastic opportunity to offer to potential client products that he likes, but he didn’t buy them right away. It’s really important to follow and remind about yourself over the next week.
In summary, everything matters. Be vigilant, collect data about your clients, study their behavior and habits! So you will have a much better chance of getting into their hearts with your quality products (quality, yes?)
We finished describing one little story from the vast world of Facebook!
Questions? You are welcome! Our SMM departments always ready to help.
Following us, we have prepared a lot of interesting for you!